Property360 Renewables have recently installed this beautiful in-roof solar PV array with battery storage. It is a good example of how solar installations do not have to look out of keeping with any building if completed with the correct design and installation team. Indeed, with a keen eye on aesthetics and not forgetting the array’s performance, this installation met all of the criteria.
The work schedule involved:
- Complete in-house system design with cad drawn sun path location plans
- Full pre-installation site assessment and roof analysis
- Wildlife assessment and reintroduction provisions for completion
- Pre-start access and health and safety documentation / arrangements to ensure a safe installation
- Roof strip back and full replacement including fascias, soffits and guttering throughout
- Timber detailing stripped and refurbished and repaired in-keeping with the building’s age
- In-roof solar PV framework to roof subframe
- Solar PV installation
- Custom lead detailing to solar PV installation and roofline in general
- Complete loft overhaul with new 300mm insulation and loft board refit to current regulations
- Battery storage installation within new loft storage space
- End user system power creation and electrical usage monitoring set up
- Client handover and system run through
- MCS approved certified installation
We have seen continued growth in our renewables division in 2023 with Solar PV in particular has been very popular to try mitigate the recent heavy energy price increases. This has unfortunately been coupled with many poorly designed and poorly installed systems. It is important to remember that the roof of a building is not only a vital part of your building’s structure to keep it waterproof but can also be a focus point on how the building looks for the future.
Many native bird species had been living in the old roof line for decades so we took special care to cause minimum disruption to them. An array of new bird and bat boxes were installed throughout each facade meaning works were completed before the nesting season in 2023 with the wildlife bouncing straight back in action when the scaffolding was struck.
Tried, tested & Trusted
Property360 offer an accurate initial design process from experienced specialists who have been reliably delivering all types of complex construction projects for over a decade. If you are considering a solar PV installation, whether it be residential in-roof, surface mounted or commercial, and need some genuine advice, get in touch today and we would be happy to discuss the options available to you.